Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Giving back through Kiva

A while ago, a friend asked me what I wanted for Christmas. This is always a tough one because I want stuff but at the same time, I don't like having so much stuff. That and I don't really need anything else usually. Anything I would want, would just be that -stuff I want but not need.

So she got me $25 on Kiva. This site where you can make loans to people in third world countries with that money (combined with money from other people), and they can make their business dreams come true! It's really a good way to give back! You eventually get your money back (slowly but surely) as they make money from their business and repay your loan. Then you can go into Kiva again and make another loan!

I'm explaining it the simple way cause I never really read too much on it. There's a lot you can read on their site, but what I great idea!

Anyway, usually I get email updates from them about how my donation repayment is going and blah blah blah, to be honest, I never read those. But today I got this offer from Kiva that says I can give out a FREE $25 trial to people so they can see how this works!

So here's the link! I urge you to sign up (maybe use a junk mail account? I always like doing that first with new stuff anyway, but I've eventually changed my account to my main email account). The $25 will be repaid back to Kiva (since they are shelling out the money). But there's nothing to lose! AND you can help some people get to their goals of financing their business faster!

Go and try it!!! http://kiva.org/invitedby/doris7064

And tell me how it goes!

No comments: