Thursday, February 24, 2011

Criminals Dress Code.

Yesterday, The Province posted some most wanted criminals that you can read about here. As I was looking at the pictures in the paper, I suddenly realized that wow. These people DO look like criminals (except for maybe one of them). They certainly have a "criminal" look to them that movies and TV shows would depict as criminals.

Now, sometimes on the buses, I see people who look like they are criminals. And I am definitely judging a book by its cover, but I don't feel very comfortable when I see them, because I think I just assume that they are criminals.

Is that unfair?

Most definitely. But I do this, and when I'm aware of it, I don't feel any less comfortable around them. Is there something wrong with me? Or is this natural?

I wonder if any one else does this too.

1 comment:

St3Fin said...

Ha I think we all do this to some degree. I think it has to do with homosapiens innate instinct to want to choose the best people for pro-creation or child-rearing, so we tend to shy away from people we think don't meet our own personal standards, including ones we think look like criminals LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL