Monday, February 07, 2011

Vancouver's Bus system sucks. Translink

I don't need to tell people in Vancouver about this.

If you've had to transit around in Vancouver for at least 6 months, you would be able to accumulate enough horror stories of your own.

If you've transited as long as I have, you can write a book.

I wonder how long it will be before there will be any change. A large part of me says that this system (however shitty) is here to stay. There's no way you can make those bus drivers like their jobs more. You can pay them more but I don't think that's what makes people nicer.

I always wonder why people with zero to none customer service or "working with the public" skills, end up in the driver seat. I wonder if something happened and someone made them become a driver? Maybe their family got sick, and they need lots of money and this was the only skill they had. I heard bus drivers don't make little. I don't know how much they make but they're part of a union and sure as heck make more than a lot of people.



So why are most of them so bitter? Or malicious (the lead foot drivers that jerk the whole bus... the ones who probably think, if I'm not happy on this bus, nobody's happy on this bus).


I guess that's why some of my seemingly "green" friends, don't end up taking transit and prefer to drive to places.

One day I will earn enough to have my own car so I don't have to be at the whim of these psychotic drivers!




If you want to read my Yelp review, it's here. To sum it up, the bus missed me. Yep. I didn't miss the bus, I was standing right there. But the bus missed me *sigh*

No comments: