Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday Madness

Today I perused the "work" sections of Workopolis, Craigslist and Vancouver Job Shop. Much to my dismay, I'm either qualified for nothing or qualified for nothing. Let me explain. Most of the jobs I see either have things I don't have, ie. specific experience in specific fields or they pay next to nothing (and they still need a whole bunch of experience). Now I've been told before to just apply, as in, don't bother matching their requirements. Just apply and see what happens. I guess I am just not gutsy enough to do that. I feel like if I don't match the requirements, I shouldn't bother. Well... let's say it's just not working out for me.
Maybe I should just start applying. See what happens. Spam them? Embellish my resume??? I don't really know what it is I am suppose to do. There are so many people with so many suggestions as to what is the correct and incorrect way to seek a job that I feel like everyone is just saying what they feel like. Maybe I should just start doing that.

No comments: