Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Things To Do When Bored

I find that whenever I am bored, I am usually unhappy and this leads me to become even more bored but in a frustrated or angry way. So here's a list of easy things to do when bored:
1. Drawing/doodling. There's always time to work on your art. Even when I don't feel like it, this is a good one to do. Once I get started this one usually cheers me up and makes me focus.
2. Singing. I can't sing. Let's just say this one is more like listening to music but feeling like I have to add to some parts that I vaguely know... lyrics are usually butchered and the "music" would make hounds start howling along.
3. Walking. This one is the hardest one for me to do. When I'm bored, I really enjoy a walk, but usually it takes 2 to 10,000 people to get me out that door. I like how walking instantaneously makes me feel less anxious or bored or worried.
4. Making food. This probably the most physically rewarding. Yes, the trainers, physiologists and what have you health-people out there would probably be saying "hey, Doris, I think the exercise like walking that you mentioned above may be more beneficial". To them I say, "Shut-it". There's nothing more rewarding than food. Ever! Don't even try to talk to me about it. It's like telling a Christian fundamentalist that there's something more important than God. Yes, I am a fundamentalist foodie. So there's no use.
5. Painting. This one is rather different from drawing. It takes a bit more planning and supply gathering but once you start you really can't stop!

No comments: