Sunday, January 23, 2011

Taste Test: Glosette Raisins vs. Great Value Milk Chocolate Coated Raisins

The day before yesterday, (or was it really yesterday... doesn't matter) point is, I went to Wal-mart. Anyway, Wal-mart is an interesting place... they seem to have everything and then some. I perused around the whole shop and found all sorts of random. I didn't buy much except for candies and I decided that I would do a taste test of Glosette Raisins (by hershey) vs. "Great Value Milk Chocolate Coated Raisins".



The Great Value Milk Chocolate Coated Raisins (from herein to be called MCCR) tastes dramatically different from the Glosettes. MCCRs weren't bad but they just lacked the same flavour. 
 
The Glosettes tasted stronger more flavourful and had this nice "Glosette" aftertaste. Maybe it's just a sugary aftertaste mixed with whatever flavouring Hersheys adds, but it different.

If I had to pick which one is better, I would pick Glosettes. It could be because I prefer something sweeter and stronger in flavour or it could just be because I'm used to the way Glosettes tastes!

Anyway, next time you go to Wal-mart, maybe you can do a side by side comparison. And let me know how that went.

3 comments:

St3Fin said...

I ate some Raininets today in the theater, they taste just like Glosettes! Yum Yum Yum

Doris said...

Raininets? I've never even heard of those... I must try them.
That's strange... I would think all theatres carried the same brands of candy all the time. Did these candies cost you 4 or 5 bucks? lol

St3Fin said...

ooops i meant Raisinets LOL